Добро пожаловать, Гость. Пожалуйста, войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.
Не получили письмо с кодом активации?

Автор Тема: How to score points during an interview  (Прочитано 2081 раз)

Оффлайн Сергей Ш.

• YaBB God
    • ТрВ
How to score points during an interview
« : сент. 02, 2009, 04:41 »
http://www.the-scientist.com/2009/09/1/68/1/
The Scientist
Volume 23 | Issue 9 | Page 68

Talking Yourself Up
How to score points during an interview and what to do after it's over.
By Jef Akst

В т.ч.:

Before the Interview—7 tips
During the Interview—3 tips
After the Interview—3 tips

1. What not to do "You might have a skill that was important in your last job, but it's not quite as important in this job." If that's the case, don't bring it up, says Seidman. "I've worked with all kinds of smart clients and [they] all make this mistake from time to time," she says. Resist the desire to rattle off all of your shining qualities, and focus on the experience that this job requires to convince your employers that you're ready for the job.

2. Market yourself Interviewing, and the rest of the job search process, is all about "marketing your skills and abilities," Seidman says. "Focus on what you bring to the table." Don't forget to reiterate your strengths at the end of the interview, Seidman adds. "Help the interviewers do their job. Find a way to say, ‘My understanding is that you're looking for somebody who can do A, B, C, and D, and I bring all of these skills to the table.'" It is important to show them "that you have everything that they're looking for" just before walking out the door. If the interviewer doesn't ask "Why should we hire you?" provide a summary anyway, she says.

и т.д.